Our mattresses and our homes have been occupied more than ever. You might be wondering if it’s time to replace the mattress .
We can help you choose the right upgrade for your home. Let’s look at the differences in memory foam and spring and their pros and cons.
Memory foam mattress are made to fit your body for support and pressure relief. Many reputable companies offer memory foam mattresses.
Also, spring mattresses are very common. These mattresses are made from steel coils, which help distribute the weight and pad the mattress. To better control motion transfer, the coils can be individually or collectively connected (“pocketed”) in order to improve motion control.
Memory foam mattresses are relatively new to the mattress market, but spring mattresses have been around since long before that.
Memory foam mattresses offer many benefits.
- They’re soft. Memory foam is a great choice if you are looking for something cushy.
- They mold to your body. Memory foam can be contoured to fit your body. You can also get it to re-form itself after you move.
- These mattresses are easy to find online. Many online retailers sell memory foam mattresses, with bed-in-a box mattresses becoming increasingly popular.
- They are motion-isolating. They can absorb movement and may prove useful for those who share a bed with pets or partners.
There are also drawbacks.
- They come in a variety of quality. There are many high-quality memory foam mattresses on the market. However, there are many subpar memory foam mattresses. Although a memory foam mattress might sound appealing, make sure you do your research and find the right one for your needs.
- They could off-gas. Some memory foams can emit chemicals that have a distinctive odor. You can minimize this by looking for mattresses that have safety certifications such as Ric Mattress
- Memory foam mattresses can feel stuck.
There are a few key advantages to spring mattresses.
- They might be less expensive. They may be cheaper than a more expensive memory foam mattress, such as one with cooling gel foam.
- They provide great support. They are made to support your weight so you don’t feel like you’re sinking.
- They are flexible and can move with you. Spring mattresses will give you more bounce if you don’t like feeling stuck.
Spring mattresses are similar to memory foam mattresses but also have their drawbacks.
- They are not as adept at motion isolation. You’re more likely than others to feel your partner bounce if they move at night.
- They can make noise. Springs can make noise when you move about. Foam is quieter.
You will have completely different experiences with memory foam and spring mattresses. Consider your primary concerns to determine which mattress is right for you.
If you are:
- You want a mattress that molds to your body
- Sleep on your side to relieve pressure from your hips and shoulders
- You want motion isolation
If you are:
- Are you looking for better spinal and back support?
- You can sleep hot because air can circulate between the coils. This allows the mattress to “breathe”.
- You want the mattress to be able to move with your?
You can customize any type of mattress to suit your needs, regardless of its brand. Consider additional features and considerations such as:
- Size. Size. Most mattresses are available in single, double, king size and super king size.
- Pillow tops or toppers. Some brands allow you to add layers to the mattress.
- Cooling features. Cooling features can be achieved by certain materials like gel foam or extra air chambers.
- Price. There are two options: budget or luxury mattresses.
- Firmness. Some researchTrustedSource suggests that medium-firm mattresses might be more comfortable than firm. It all comes down to your preference and how you sleep.
- Number of coils. The International Chiropractors Association recommends at minimum 375 coils per queen when buying a spring mattress.
You might also want to research the brands you are considering, in addition to testing individual mattresses.
Sites like TrustPilot, the Better Business Bureau and Google Reviews will give you a better idea of the opinions of buyers about the company and the product. It is possible to see a wider range of reviews than just positive ones, as some companies won’t display any negative reviews.
Make sure that you are clear about what you can expect regarding delivery, trial periods, warranty and customer service before you finalize your purchase.
Some companies will deliver your mattress and help you set it up. Others will ship it folded up in a box. While some companies offer long warranties and trial services that will guarantee your satisfaction, others won’t.
Are you ready to buy a memory foam or spring mattress? Both offer great options and unique features.
If you are looking for something that is soft and will hug you, you can choose memory foam mattress.